A Fifth-Grade Student Accidentally Gave Her Parents’ Weed ‘Candy’ To Her Classmates

Photo: Lisa Wiltse/Corbis via Getty Images

Looks like we have an early frontrunner for class president.

According to KRQE, a fifth-grade student at the Albuquerque School of Excellence thought that her parents’ edibles were actually delicious candies, so she brought them to school and handed them out to her classmates last Thursday morning.

The student is just nine-years-old, and she said that she quickly had a hunch that there was something different about the “candy” she and several other students chowed down on.

“I started feeling really dizzy,” she said. “I felt like the room was going to flip to the side.”

The reason she felt like the room was going to flip on its side? You guessed it – she ingested “three or four pieces” while three other students ate just one gummy each. Paramedics arrived a short while later to treat the children, and all of them are just fine today.

The student who brought the medicinals to school is sad, however, as she feels like she threw all of her teachers’ lectures on the dangers of drugs out the window.

“All those lessons I took about not taking drugs were all for nothing,” she said.

In a related story, the girl’s parents are apparently in possession of some really good shit. Or at least they used to be.

Colorado gets it: Weed Sales And Other Taxes Have Helped Inject $300 Million Into Colorado’s Schools