50 Tweets That Prove Racism Is Alive And Well In America (Warning: Extremely Disturbing, Racist Language)
If you have any doubts about racism still existing, just spend a few minutes scrolling through any social media site and you’ll see how strong it is in so many people. This isn’t an easy read by any means and, honestly, it was one of the worst things I’ve ever had to put together, but it’s necessary. Originally I was going to do 100 tweets, but wading through all that vile trash was so difficult I stopped at 50. These weren’t hard to find. These are rampant and directed at individuals. Use this as motivation to spread love and positivity in the midst of so much hate and ignorance.
1. This loan officer said this to Michelle Obama from her personal account and it cost her job.
— Raina James Workman (@raina_workman) July 26, 2016
2. It’s nice when they use racial slurs and have “#Jesus” in their bio.
Mrs trump don’t need to steal ANYTHING FROM THAT MONKEY IN THE WHITE HOUSE NOW. MILANIA HAS MORE CLASS THEN ALL THE OBAMA FAMILY COMBINED.
— mike (@NJopinion) July 19, 2016
3. Old Navy was flooded with racist tweets after featuring an interracial couple in an ad.
@OldNavy Absolutely disgusting. What’s next? Gender neutral bathrooms? Pedophilia acceptance propaganda?! Never shopping here again.
— M (@MrTrumpYes) April 30, 2016
4. I don’t think she knows what “fact” means.
Muslims literally destroy every County they migrate to.
Death and hate and destruction follow those savages everywhere they go.
— Real 13th Infidel. (@takingitall2000) July 22, 2016
5. This one speaks for itself.
White supremacist and former KKK leader, David Duke, is running for US Senate. Would you vote for him?
— KALB News Channel 5 (@KALBtv5) July 22, 2016
6. Why is this account allowed to exist at all?
7. Someone chose to share this with the world.
#JusticeIn5Words Trayvon Martin roasting in Hell
— Paulie Walnuts (@SafePlaceMaster) July 9, 2016
8. So edgy.
9. He’s either 13 or stopped mentally developing at 13.
10. Pretty sure those are actual statistics.
There are no killings, rapes, decapitations, burnings knifing, hate mongering in the world that are not being caused by muslims and islam
— Richard Wear (@casin2) July 22, 2016
11. Here’s the winner of Miss Teen USA 2016. Very on brand.
12. That is some serious irony you got there.
I hate Asians they are racist af
— $enseitional (@avstinle) June 9, 2016
13. This kind of disgusting talk is way too common.
14. What a terrible sentiment.
— AM (@AMTrump4PRES) July 27, 2016
15. Imagine thinking this wasn’t a racist statement.
If you sat next to a towel-head on a bus, would you be scared? And be honest….
— crackfox (@fancyasfvck) July 24, 2016
16. I’m sure Harrison Ford would be thrilled to know his likeness is being used here.
17. Why would you think this, let alone tweet it?
OMG I hate Asians so much
— Graham Gates (@NotGrahamGano9) July 21, 2016
18. Imagine saying these words out loud.
19. The worst thing is that multiple people decided to retweet this.
Right now, somewhere in Hell, Trayvon Martin is consoling Freddy Gray while they’re both being sodomized by white dudes from San Francisco.
— The Kincannon Show (@kincannon_show) May 23, 2016
20. It’s difficult to validate your opinion when it ends like that.
Michele Obama does not own the words, hard work dedication. Why would the Beautiful Melania copy Monkey Face?
— Teresa (@mountianmama64) July 19, 2016
21. This Texas Roadhouse employee was fired for this awful tweet.
— Francisco Rios (@cisco0602) July 24, 2016
22. Leslie Jones started reposting all the horribly racist tweets she received after “Ghostbusters” opened.
Exposing I hope y’all go after them like they going after me pic.twitter.com/ojK5FdIA0H
— Leslie Jones (@Lesdoggg) July 18, 2016
23. I don’t even want to know what the other five “truths” were.
24. I’m sure his family loved the travel update.
Europe has made me realize how much I hate Asians
— mikey (@MikeyDee123) July 22, 2016
25. Your grammar is atrocious.
26. Why limit your racism to just one per tweet?
as much as I hate Asians and blacks, LA Chicanos are the fckn worst shits straight embarrassing
— Martin (@m_art_n) July 22, 2016
27. At least their username is appropriate.
28. Trump claims Putin called Obama the N-word. This was the response.
29. So brave.
Michelle Obama is a tranny and a monkey
— Donald Jr (@taygete_) July 19, 2016
30. Countless people hide behind parody accounts to spew racism.
31. President Obama gets response tweets like this to almost everything he posts.
32. And this trash.
33. And it just keeps going and going.
34. I don’t think Jeff understands how pretty much anything works.
Mrs. trump did not plagiarize Obama, Michelle monkey Obama probably plagiarized that from a slave. You know the ones that built the WH!
— Jeff B (@jbenezra67) July 19, 2016
35. Not the strongest argument.
@TheEconomist Melania Trump is better than The monkey shemale Michelle Obama.
— REGINA (@sofia_leteliers) July 19, 2016
36. Kelly Clarkson quickly shut down this response about slaves.
A Twitter story in four parts pic.twitter.com/Ik8r1jwSz5
— end comment sections (@tauriqmoosa) July 26, 2016
37. People are still upset about interracial marriage. What year is this?
— Jess Lynn (@WhitestRabbit_) July 31, 2016
38. Then she doubled down her racism with people upset with the tweet.
You’re half Jew… your opinion is kind of irrelevant https://t.co/F12sW2XskW
— Jess Lynn (@WhitestRabbit_) August 1, 2016
39. He’s racist and doesn’t understand how hashtags work.
— Wild Hare Beard Oil (@KellySherwood48) March 4, 2016
40. There’s a lot going on here.
Wow does michelle obama look like a monkey. I’d probably be a gay muslim too if I had to look at everyday.
— Bama (@auburnsux) July 19, 2016
41. “Darkies?” What century are you from?
42. Ah yes, KKK leader David Duke would be great for our country.
— DonaldTrumpWall (@DonaldTrumpWall) July 26, 2016
43. Delete your account.
44. You should go back to whatever hole you crawled out of immediately.
45. This was in response to Leslie Jones asking Twitter to do something about the racist threats she was receiving
— MAGS-4-TRUMP/PENCE16 (@magnifier661) July 21, 2016
46. Mike Huckabee casually threw out this wildly offensive tweet
— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) October 14, 2015
47. Parody accounts are just a breeding ground for hate speech.
48. Just disgusting.
49. 73,000 people follow this account.
Nobody at school wants to guard Muhammad, he’s too explosive pic.twitter.com/Oh6QETl8RF
— The Funny Racist™️ (@TheFunnyRacist) July 26, 2016
50. Seventy. Three. Thousand.
Why do black men cry after sex?
Because of the mace.
— The Funny Racist™️ (@TheFunnyRacist) July 28, 2016