Photo: APitch (Getty)
Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a big fan of ice cream sandwiches — I enjoy stuffing my face with them and then proceeding to cry in my shower as I reflect on my decision. But even I won’t be touching any ice cream from the Australian supermarket chain Coles. And here’s why.
Recently, a woman named Mary Salter took it to Facebook to reveal that an ice cream from Coles that she left out in the sun under almost 80 degree weather had not melted. Oh, and not even a single ant was on it.
Take a look at Mary’s post below thanks to Facebook.
Nothing would go near the ice cream at all. Mary even shared a photo of the ice cream sandwich as proof.
Photo: Facebook/Mary Salter
Of course people were quick to offer up some explanations:
Well that’s horrifying. And Twitter were pretty grossed out as well.
Never thought I’d say “no, thanks” to an ice cream sandwich. https://t.co/0hQpspG6My
— Extra Crispy (@extracrispy) August 1, 2017
Someone should turn it into a horror flick. https://t.co/8auoM2ctP3
— Jill (@JillKwi) August 1, 2017
Ice cream should melt and if it doesn’t, you shouldn’t eat it. Real simple.
— HGoss (@Fight4TheKids) July 31, 2017
— Frank Chung (@franks_chung) August 1, 2017
— Purbeck Ice Cream (@PurbeckIceCream) July 31, 2017
Coles was quick to chime in with an explanation. Here’s what they had to say:
“Our ice cream sandwiches make use of very simple, commonly-used food techniques that help slow the melting process, and allows you to consume it without it falling apart in your hands. This technique includes adding thickener to the cream, creating a honeycomb-like structure which helps to slow the melting process. When the product starts to melt and liquid evaporates, you are left with what appears as foam.”
But that doesn’t explain why not one animal went near the damn thing.
Well, in conclusion these ice cream bars are filled with chemicals and trash. Happy eating.