March Madness 2016 By The Numbers
Wallethub recently released their annual March Madness report, and just like previous years, the numbers are staggering.
Just a few highlights:
- $1.9 Billion – Hourly losses by companies due to unproductive workers during March Madness.
- $9 Billion – Estimated amount wagered on the 2015 NCAA tournament ($7 billion illegally).
- 81% – Of HR professionals say their organizations don’t have policies addressing office pools.
- 2X – Easier to win back-to-back Mega Millions lotteries than it is to fill out a perfect bracket.
- 17.5 Million – Barrels of American beer produced each March, compared to an average of 14M in all other months
And the rest of the story: