Melania Trump Has 5-Word Reaction After First Public Appearance in a Month
(Photo Credit: Alex Wong/Staff via Getty Images)

Melania Trump Has 5-Word Reaction After First Public Appearance in a Month

Melania Trump had a simple five-word response after returning to the public eye following a month-long absence. She said, “I heard you missed me?” The first lady made the quip from the White House Rose Garden on Thursday. She also added, “Here I am.”

Melania Trump makes her public appearance after a month-long absence

Donald Trump’s wife’s appearance came at the end of a 32-day period without public photographs. Her last sighting was at the FIFA World Cup final on July 19. Speaking from the Rose Garden, Melania Trump spoke about her Fostering the Future initiative. She announced plans to expand its national network, according to a White House press release. The expansion comes through a $2 million donation from IndyCar and Fox Corporation, which will fund scholarships at Indiana University and Purdue University.

The first lady’s absence had caused widespread speculation. This was particularly after she missed the rescheduled White House Correspondents’ Dinner on July 24. After all, it followed the April dinner she attended, which was disrupted by gunfire.

During her time away from public events, reports emerged that Melania has been quietly working on a new docuseries. The latter is set to premiere on Amazon Prime Video this fall. Her exclusive senior adviser, Marc Beckman, previously told Real America’s Voice that the series will offer a “completely different look” at her life compared to the Amazon MGM documentary, Melania.

Furthermore, security concerns also surfaced during Melania’s absence. On July 29, Tasnim News Agency shared an animated video depicting luxury department stores in Manhattan and with instructions for assassination attempts on the first lady. The agency is said to be operated by the Iranian government, according to the U.S. government.

Secret Service spokesperson Nate Herring also told PEOPLE at the time that the agency was investigating “anything that can be perceived as a threat toward our protectees.” Despite the speculation surrounding her absence, Beckman said after the April dinner incident that Melania “was not frightened” and would not be deterred from her duties.

Now, Melania’s return to the Rose Garden is deemed a resumption of her public schedule.

TRENDING

X