The B-Movies Podcast | Jon M. Chu and the Secrets of ‘Jem’
The director of Jem and the Holograms is in the house, and he’s got answers to all of your burning questions. It’s a very special episode of The B-Movies Podcast, in which filmmaker Jon M. Chu – who directed our favorite movie, Step Up 3D – answers all of your burning questions about the hit dance series, Miley Cyrus, Channing Tatum and the many controversies surrounding his latest movie, Jem and the Holograms.
So join your hosts, William Bibbiani and Witney Seibold, as they learn all about the following:
- Jon M. Chu’s original, expensive, more faithful pitch for Jem and the Holograms.
- Guitar motorcycles, which were available, but didn’t make it into the movie.
- How close we came to a Channing Tatum cameo, and possibly a crossover between Jem and Step Up.
- Which shot from Jem and the Holograms gives us an enormous clue about the plot of the sequel.
- The correction pronunciation of Step Up 2 The Streets.
- How Jon M. Chu got revenge against Miley Cyrus.
- Everything you need to know about that epic, last-minute cameo in Jem!
All this and important Slurpee anecdotes await you in The B-Movies Podcast: Jon M. Chu and the Secrets of Jem! Follow the show on Twitter at @BMoviesPodcast, follow your hosts at @WilliamBibbiani and @WitneySeibold, follow Jon M. Chu at @JonMChu and subscribe for free on iTunes for more exclusive interviews, movie reviews and more!
Photo: Universal Pictures
William Bibbiani (everyone calls him ‘Bibbs’) is Crave’s film content editor and critic. You can hear him every week on The B-Movies Podcast and watch him on the weekly YouTube series Most Craved and What the Flick. Follow his rantings on Twitter at @WilliamBibbiani.