200 People Get Diarrhea On Cruise Ship Sailing From Singapore

Photo: Feature China / Barcroft Images / Barcroft Media via Getty Images

I’ve never been on a cruise ship, but if I ever find myself on one I really hope that a ton of people don’t get diarrhea at the same time like all the folks did on a Ovation of the Seas cruise.

Nearly 200 people were struck down with diarrhea as they found themselves shitting and vomiting on board one of the world’s largest cruise ships as it sailed from Singapore to Hobart, Australia.

Metro

The ship, which carries more than 5,800 people, reported 195 cases of illness in the 14 days of its cruise – more than three percent of the guests and crew on board. ABC News reported that access to the ship’s restaurants had been stopped, as had finger food and a galley tour. One passenger told the website: “The ship is doing absolutely everything to control it, you wash your hands at least a dozen times a day. Their hygiene is first class, it’s obviously a passenger that’s brought it on.”

Royal Caribbean International, which owns the cruise ship, said: “Those affected by the short-lived illness were treated by our ship’s doctors with over-the-counter medication, and we hope all our guests feel better quickly. Meanwhile, we’re taking steps like intensive sanitary procedures to minimize the risk of any further issues. Upon arrival into port in Sydney, the ship and terminal will be comprehensively sanitized and cleansed to help prevent the spread of illness, resulting in a delay to boarding for new guests.”

Someone on Facebook shared a video that shows crew cleaning up the mess that people on the cruise had made with their explosive butt.

“It is imperative that any guests who are experiencing or have experienced any symptoms of illness advise us as soon as possible, so that they can be provided the care required and to prevent any further spread,” Royal Caribbean International adds.

So in conclusion, I hope all those folks were able to at least enjoy some of their vacation. You know, after they emptied their bowels.

Never forget: British Couple Sues Resort For Food Poisoning, Turns Out They Had 109 Drinks