I don’t know if you’re the one who has to dish out the trick or treat candy at your place, but it’s my job. To keep my hands out of the goodies now intended for children, I like to make this snack mix. It’s not exactly health food, but it keeps me away from the candy. It also makes a prime item at a Halloween party.
So. boo and such.
Halloween Chex Mix
- 8 cups Chocolate Chex
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter a cups, mini size
- 1 cup Halloween marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream ( can use 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- In small bowl microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup microwave.
- Melt, stirring every minute or so. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until coated. Microwave on high for three minutes.
- Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into pieces.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups, marshmallows and candy corn over the Chex mix.
- In small bowl, microwave caramel bits and cream for 1 minute or until chips melt.
- Drizzle with spoon over the Chex mix pieces.microwave chocolate chips until melted, mix and pour over Chex mix. Sprinkle the coarse salt over all.
- Refrigerate until set break apart and store in air tight containers.