15 Weird Climax Facts About Orgasms That’ll Change How You Look at Sex
Sex is good. We like sex. Maybe you’ll have it later, or not at all. Maybe you’re having it right now as you read this amazing collection of weird orgasm facts. But be warned, after reading these weird orgasm facts, you’ll never look at sex (or your hands) the same. If that’s not the case, you might be more twisted and demented than you give yourself credit for.
Consider this Sex Ed for adults. Now take your hands off your junk and learn.
1. The part of the brain stimulated by an orgasm for men is also the same part stimulated when a heroin addict does heroin. It’s the part of the brain connected to reward. So congrats on getting yours, bro. Just get laid instead of doing drugs, kids.
2. There are findings dating back nearly 5,000 years that suggest men, not just women, are capable of multiple orgasms. Did you also know about the “long” history of condoms and sex toys, the latter of which was first used by turning a crank.
3. Hopefully #2 is true, because the average man only needs 2 to 10 minutes to orgasm (75 percent in the first few minutes), whereas the average woman needs 20.
Worse yet, 80 percent of women cannot get theirs through vaginal intercourse alone, and much, much worse, 20 percent have never achieved one. Get going, boys!
4. Men can ejaculate without erection. And women can orgasm and not know it.
5. Some women have been known to orgasm during childbirth. That explains the screaming and cussing, along with the whole “human coming out of her body” thing.
6. It is possible for some to orgasm just by thinking about it…[thinks about orgasming]…nothing. Dammit!
7. People who look like they’re in pain during orgasms may look that way because it triggers the same part of the brain as when we actually are in pain. Just the opposite, the part of the brain triggered by fear shuts off.
8. Orgasms are pain relievers about 10 minutes after they happen. So yes, orgasms have been known to cure a headache, thanks to powerful endorphins that rush in during climax. Just the same, a person’s pain threshold is drastically heightened with orgasm.
9. May is National Masturbation Month so it should be a relatively painless, fear-free few weeks for you. If you’re feeling outdoorsy, San Francisco hosts a Masturbate-a-Thon at its Center for Sex & Culture.
10. Sufferers of spinal cord injuries can have orgasms when the sensitive areas around their injury are stimulated. A quadriplegic was noted for reaching orgasm by sucking his thumb.
11. The average time from climax until the next round is anything close to an hour later, but one 25-year-old German man could be good to go in as little as three minutes. Hey, I knew a kid who jerked off six times in three-and-a-half hours, allegedly.
12. Although the average man only produces about 3.4 ml of sperm, he produces enough sodium and fructose in that sperm to give enough energy for the sperm to swim 28 miles per hour. Not only that, but the sperm also contains zinc, protein, potassium, calcium and chlorine, so the next time you don’t want your lady friend to spit, you have good research to quick administer just as you’re getting close.
13. Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder, constant state of arousal with close to 100 orgasms per day with any number of triggers, including standing near loud speakers or on stilettos.
14. According to a study, 20 percent of women have experienced orgasms while practicing yoga, namely kundalini. So if you were ever in need of more reason to use that Groupon you bought on New Year’s Day, there you have it. That, and hot girls in yoga pants.
15. When a brain-dead person is in a comatose state on respirator, they can reach climax when triggered, causing a Lazarus reflex that will allow the person to raise their arms to their chest, which is in close proximity to the orgasm’s place of origin (in the spine). So be good to your wives, guys, they might love you even when you’re gone.