California Man’s Arm Is Rotting Away Because He Tried To Take A Rattlesnake Selfie And It Bit Him

Oh, and he’s a father of three? That’s terrific.

According to the Daily Mail, a 36-year-old Lake Elsinore man might lose his arm thanks to his genius idea of wrapping a rattlesnake around his neck and then trying to take a selfie with it. Yeah, the snake didn’t care for that, so it bit Alex Gomez in his right hand.

As a result of his stupidity, the skin on Gomez’s hand and arm is rotting away, and doctors fear that they might have to remove his arm.

Even Gomez’s mother Deborah thought her son was a moron and told KCBS that she was shocked he had the rattlesnake around his neck.

“It could’ve bit his neck, and that would have been it. That’s just being a fool,” she said.

She added that she is willingly doing interviews to embarrass her son.

“I told him the news people had been calling, and he said, ‘Mom, you better not,’ and I said, ‘I’m going to.’ I’m going to teach him a real good lesson when he gets home. No mercy for him.”

In a related story, if Deborah Gomez ran for president, I would vote for her. You go, girl.

Usually this level of stupidity is reserved for Florida Man: Here’s What Happened When A Florida Man Tried To Kiss A Cottonmouth Snake


// ad on openWeb