March Madness 2014 VIDEO: Final Four Recap
Sports Channel Editor Josh Helmuth tosses out the most impressive stats from this year's UConn national championship team, which includes:
- The Huskies' 60-54 win over the Kentucky Wildcats Monday was the first time since 1985 Villanova a team seeded No. 7 or lower won the national championship. It's just the second time in history a team seeded as low has accomplished such a feat.
- Kentucky was a No. 8 seed. The No. 7 vs. No. 8 matchup was the lowest seeded national championship game in history.
- UConn was NCAA Tournament ineligible last year due to grades. Talk about sticking it to the 'man.'
- It's UConn's 4th championship since 1999 – most of any team in that span.
- UConn has the best winning percentage in the NCAA Tournament since beginning their run in 1999.
Also watch the video to see Josh list who will be in contention for the Final Four next season while CraveOnline Concierge Nash Herrington describes what the partying was like from the Bud Light Hotel and what to expect if you attend the Final Four in Indy in 2015.