Photo: Raymond Boyd/Michael Ochs Archives (Getty)
So you have that dude who apparently found some geckos in his beer, and now you have a Pennsylvania woman who is claiming that she found a rat that was baked right into her bun of a Chick-fil-A sandwich she was eating. And of course she’s suing.
Ellen Manfalouti is suing the Chick-fil-A in Middletown for $50,000 for the “extreme nausea” and anxiety she suffered after she discovered the extra “topping.”
Photo: Bucks County Court
Manfalouti, 46, had just started eating the sandwich in a conference room at work when “I felt something funny on the bottom of the bun,” she told Philly.com. “I turned it over. I said to [my co-worker], ‘They burned my roll really bad.’”
She threw the sandwich on the table, and that’s when co-worker Cara Phelan noticed something in the sandwich beyond the listed ingredients.
“I realized it was a small rodent of some sort. I could see the whiskers and the tail,” Phelan told Philly.com.
“This case is certainly outrageous, in that the restaurant could serve something like this to a customer without noticing what they were doing. It also had a horrible effect on Ms. Manfalouti, who is still trying to move past both the immediate physical shock and nausea, as well as the lasting emotional shock of the incident.”
The bakery and the franchise haven’t done much to resolve the incident which is why the lawsuit was only filed jut recently — a lawsuit that also named that particular Chick-fil-A’s manager, Dave Heffernan.