Alabama Man Falls Asleep While Charging iPhone, Nearly Dies From Electrocution

Photo: Ian Waldie/Bloomberg (Getty)

It’s like the very funny Adam Ray said, “The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup. It’s not dying in your sleep.”

According to BroBible, a 32-year-old Huntsville man recently learned that the hard way when he nearly died from electrocution while he slept next to his charging iPhone.

Wiley Day said that he fell asleep the night of March 22 after plugging in his iPhone, but at some point Thursday morning, the chain of his dog tag necklace that was around his neck slipped between the charger and extension cord, and it was Jolt City, baby.

Alabama Man Falls Asleep While Charging iPhone, Nearly Dies From Electrocution

Photo: Wifey Day

Photo: Wifey Day

“I kept yelling, ‘Jesus,'” Day said.

Day was left with second and third-degree burns on his neck and hands after he was repeatedly zapped by 110 volts of electricity and is lucky to be alive, especially when you consider the fact that 100 volts of the juice can be deadly. Day himself knows he is beyond fortunate to still have a pulse and is using his interviews with different media outlets to offer up a warning to others.

Photo: Wifey Day

Photo: Wifey Day

“Charge your phone away from you,” Day said. “Charge it the next day. It’s not worth your life.”

Wow. For his sake, let’s hope nobody signs this guy up for a Tough Mudder the next time one rolls through town. The flashbacks alone when he gets to the Electroshock Therapy at the finish line would probably be enough to take him out.

This guy doesn’t look very cool anymore: This Is What Happens When An E-Cigarette Blows Up In Your Face