Nike PG-2 Sneakers Pay Homage to PlayStation, Boast Unique Colorway Selected by Paul George
A collaboration between Oklahoma City Thunder’s Paul George, and Sony PlayStation, has resulted in the creation of the Nike PG-2 PlayStation sneakers.
Available starting February 10, at $110 a pair, the PG-2 has a unique colorway and other features designed around the PlayStation brand.
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, which illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a SN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for your PS4
- The colors of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed in patent leather on each shoe
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe
Get a closer look at the design, as well as the shoe technologies used, in this dedicated trailer:
And here’s Paul George talking about his passion for PlayStation, and how happy he was to receive the PS2 as a child:
“I just had a knack for video games,” says George of the origin of his passion. “As soon as I discovered PlayStation, I was throwing hints here and there to my dad — cutting out the clipping of a video game, cutting out the clippings of the PlayStation, leaving it on his dresser. I remember on Christmas morning, I unwrapped my gift and sure enough, it was the PS2. I’ve been a PlayStation guy ever since.”
The PG-2 PlayStation sneakers look like a cool pair of kicks, I must say!