College Student’s iPhone 6 Plus Explodes And Burns A Hole Through His Jeans

Well, it’s a good thing he wasn’t actually on the phone or chewing on it.

A Rowan College at Burlington County students told a local news team that his iPhone 6 Plus exploded in his jeans pocket while he was in his physical science class last week, and the fire was so intense that it burned a hole right through his pocket.

“I felt this crazy, hot burning in my leg,” Darin Hlavaty said. “Right as class was starting, my phone started smoking in my pocket. It was a fire. It was super hot so I flinched, grabbed it, threw it on the ground. Had to kick it because it was on fire.”

College Student’s iPhone 6 Plus Explodes

A spokesperson for the school said that by the time safety personnel arrived on the scene, the fire was already out, but they moved the students to another classroom for the remainder of the period because they could still smell smoke.

And that was bad news for the kid who thought he was going to get out of taking a physical science quiz on account of Hlavaty’s ass fire. Not today, my friend. Not today.

h/t BroBible

Good thing the guy wasn’t smoking his phone or this might have happened: This Is What Happens When An E-Cigarette Blows Up In Your Face