Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance: Lexus Kicks Off the Party
Lexus kicked off the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Thursday night with a party and debut event atop the hills overlooking the legendary golf course that wears this elite automotive event’s name.
While lovers of classic rides and supercars were still rolling into Monterey for the Concours, Lexus was busy unveiling new versions of the GS and LX for next year. We’ll have more on both vehicles shortly, but tonight was all about the party.
To celebrate the arrival of the two new vehicles, Lexus snagged a massive house above historic Pebble Beach Golf Club and invited the automotive media world to enjoy a gourmet dinner surrounded by gourmet steel.
Your average rail drinks won’t cut it around luxury cars, so Lexus engaged in a little designer bar magic and coined cocktails named for the GS and LX. Both were the creation of mixologist Katie Blandin of Bar Cart Cocktails and used ingredients grown throughout the Monterey Peninsula.
The LX takes the Moscow Mule for a spin and ends up entirely unique.
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Cantaloupe Juice
- 1/2 oz. Orange and Fennel Pollen Syrup
- 2 1/2 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1 oz. Mint Juice
- 1 tsp Pink Peppercorn Tincture
- Zest from 1/2 Lemon
- Fresh Cracked Pink Peppercorn
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake for 20 seconds.
- Strain into a copper mug filled to the brim with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a fennel flower and sprinkle with a pinch of Big Sure sea salt and fresh cracked pink peppercorn.
The GS blends fresh California fruit with a little bit of the tall pines filling the Monterey hills.
- 1/2 Orange Juice
- 1 Lemon
- 2 oz. Huckleberries or 5 fresh blackberries
- 2 oz. Hendricks
- 1 oz. Juniper and Cypress Tincture
- 2 oz. Honey Elderberry Syrup
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into an Old Fashioned glass over one ice cube or ice ball.
- Garnish with Meyer lemon spear and a juniper sprig.