Recipe: Go all French with Bœuf in a Red Wine Sauce
Easy pretentiousness can be tough to resist when you’re an amateur chef — especially if you’re trying to impress a date. For example, there’s no reason to start the name of this recipe in French. It’s Beef in a Red Wine Sauce – easy to prepare and sophisticated on arrival. Still, you have to throw in all those mashed Franco-phonic vowels to class it up a little.
Related: Recipe: Homemade Tomato Salsa
Beef Bœuf in a Red Wine Sauce
- 4 pounds beef chuck roast, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, diced. (Or 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder)
- 2 cans condensed mushroom soup, undisputed
- 1 small carton sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 bag (20 oz.) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
Preparation: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray heavy 4 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Sprinkle garlic over beef. Place in casserole dish.
Combine soup, mushrooms, wine and dry soup mix in bowl. Pour over meat. Mix well. Cover.
Bake 3 hours or until meat is tender. Add the carrots during the last 20 minutes of cooking.