The Top-Selling Game On Steam May Surprise You
Steam, the premier online gaming platform for PC, has become synonymous with quality, stability, and offers a robust multiplayer experience and storefront. To put it simply, most games that are worth having can be found on Steam.
While Valve doesn’t release sales data, SteamSpy has taken that task upon itself by using a Web API that pulls game data from user profiles, allowing us to see who owns what games, and therefore know general sales data. Knowing that, a top 100 list was able to be formed, and the best-selling game on Steam is quite the surprise (we’re only putting the top ten here, to have mercy on your scroll wheel):
- Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – 18,887,301
- Counter-Strike: Source – 13,687,323
- Half-Life 2: Lost Coast – 13,483,312
- Unturned – 13,140,974
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – 12,134,826
- Left 4 Dead 2 – 11,970,999
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch – 11,426,195
- Counter-Strike – 11,168,089
- Half-Life 2 – 8.776,362
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes – 8,670,493
Men of War: Assault Squad 2? We’d be willing to bet that many of you have never even heard of that game. It’s a beautiful wartime RTS title with a pretty brutal difficulty curve, but for some reason, it has bested one of the most popular online shooters of all time, Counter-Strike: Source. That’s one hell of a feat, so maybe you should check Men of War out, yeah? It’s gotta be doing something right.
See the rest of the top 100 list over at Crave’s Game Revolution.