Comic-Con 2014: Tanya Tate On The Dos and Don’ts of Cosplay
We caught up with the talented adult actress, model, and cosplayer Tanya Tate at Comic-Con 2014 to get some tips on cosplaying.
If anyone can speak with authority on cosplaying and how to approach a cosplayer to ask for a photograph opportunity, it’s Tanya Tate. Aside from Tate’s multiple “MILF of the Year” award wins and starring in many adult films, she has also published a book on cosplaying titled Tanya Tate: My Life In Costume, making her an expert adviser on cosplaying and everything that comes with it.
Related: Sex Advice From Porn Stars
Here are few key tips straight from Tanya Tate herself:
- DON’T poke a cosplayer — nobody likes being poked; it’s rude
- DO ask politely ask for a picture — say please and thank you
- DON’T zoom in on a cosplayer’s breasts — even if they’re on display, it’s not okay (hey, that rhymes!)
- DON’T interrupt a cosplayer during an interview (unless Bibbs says so; then you get a pass)
- DON’T ask for a photo opp while a cosplayer is eating
- DO approach a cosplayer when they’re just “chilling” — this is the best time for a welcome photo opp
- And absolutely DO NOT EVER grope a cosplayer… ever. Not cool.
You can hear Tanya Tate talk more about cosplaying on a previous episode of The Blue Movies Podcast. You can subscribe to The Blue Movies Podcast on iTunes to get additional interviews and discussion from various adult film stars. Past episodes have features Jessica Drake, Tasha Reign, Chanel Preston, and many more. For more tips from adult film stars like Tanya, check out our Sex Advice From Porn Stars interview series featuring the best in adult entertainment.
Stick with CraveOnline for breaking news, videos, interviews, panel recaps and so much more, live from the San Diego Comic-Con 2014 show floor.