Three Legendary Nights At Massey Hall For NXNE
NXNE is in full swing, and for the music portion of its program, there will be a celebration at Massey Hall for three nights only, starting tonight.
In an effort to help celebrate its 20-year milestone, NXNE will offer priority access to all 2,752 seats in historic Massey Hall for NXNE wristband and badge holders. The three nights of concerts at Massey Hall include performances by Spiritualized, tUnE-yArDs, Rhye, Kelela, The Barr Brothers, and more.
NXNE will give more to its wristband and badge holders than ever before, including:
– Access to a new viewing space at Yonge-Dundas Square for four days of free concerts by Sleigh Bells, St. Vincent, Spoon, Juicy J, and more
– A hotbed of electronic music at MiO House at The Hoxton
– Five days of BBQ and schmoozing at the Edward Day Gallery
– The best in underground music with a signature Boiler Room showcase
– A four-day party at the Budweiser Music House
– Big headliners and buzz bands with Red Bull Sound Select
– An all-day shindig at the delightfully infamous 159 Manning house-turned-music-palace
One of the biggest draws of the 3-day event is Spiritualized, which was formed in the United Kingdom by Jason Pierce (aka J. Spaceman) in 1990. The space rock project has kept fans busy and blissful with seven exceptionally strong albums since its inception. Though job security within the band is close to non-existent (Pierce frequently replaces the entire lineup with his album cycles,) the consistent uniting factor comes from Pierce’s creative vision. Spiritualized recently played two sold out shows in Los Angeles, performing the entirety of their seminal Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space with an orchestra and choir. The 2009 reissue of their third album – originally released in 1997, then beating out Radiohead’s OK Computer on NME’s best album of the year list – earned Spiritualized a coveted perfect score on Pitchfork.
All NXNE badges and wristbands are now available online at nxne.com/tickets.
Photo: Massey Hall