When you throw Ice Cube into a car with Kevin Hart for an entire movie, you’re bound to end up with way too much material to fit into a single film. Such was apparently the case with Tim Story’s cop comedy Ride Along, which debuts on Blu-ray on April 15, 2014 with a ton of special features including deleted scenes like this CraveOnline Exclusive.
Check out the clip, listen to our extended B-Movies Podcast interview with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube, and check out the Ride Along Blu-ray when it streets tomorrow!
From the Press Release:
The film also features hysterical performances from Tika Sumpter (Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas, “The Have and Have Nots”), John Leguizamo (Kick-Ass 2, The Lincoln Lawyer), Bryan Callen (The Hangover, Warrior), Bruce McGill (Lincoln, Collateral), and Laurence Fishburne (Man of Steel, The Matrix). Hailed as “absolutely the funniest comedy in years” by Mark S. Allen, CBS-TV, theRide Along Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and iTunes Extra feature an exclusive, never-before-seen alternate ending and both the Digital HD and VOD releases will include an outrageous gag reel.
Both the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD include feature commentary by the director, plus a behind-the-scenes documentary chronicling the making of the film and a gag reel. The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack also contains an alternate take, an alternate ending and behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the stars and filmmakers.
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home; featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- DIGITAL HD with Ultraviolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-rayTM:
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Take
- Kev & Cube’s Wild Ride: Audiences will experience Kevin Hart and Ice Cube’s electrifying chemistry in a short feature that shows first hand how these two megastars fed each other creatively, how Hart’s energy fueled the process, and what he learned about dedication and focus by working with Ice Cube.
- An Explosive Ride: Ever wonder what it would be like to be beaten up by Laurence Fishburne? This trip behind the scenes will expose the hilarious exchanges between the stars and their stunt doubles.
- You Gonna Learn Today: An inside look at the film’s many hilarious off-script moments including b-roll, dailies and alternate takes that showcase the stars’ incredible comic gifts.
- Anatomy of the Big Blast: Watch as the cast and crew prep for the movie’s most explosive sequence!
Blu-rayTM and DVD Bonus Features:
- Gag Reel
- It Was A Good Day: On The Set Of Ride Along: A backstage visit puts audiences on the set of Ride Along as they share in the cast and crew’s outrageously wild time. In-your-face, first-person footage featuring Kevin Hart, Ice Cube, John Leguizamo and the rest of the cast and crew continues the fast-paced laughs and action of the film.
- Atlanta – The Character: Often called Hollywood South, the city of Atlanta plays a starring role in Ride Along as Kevin Hart, Ice Cube and crew take audiences on an exclusive tour of their ’hood.
- Feature Commentary With Director Tim Story