The three-time world champion flew out of Australia on the eve of his face-off with Mundine on October 23rd, claiming he hadn’t received his full $1 million purse in advance.
As usual, Mundine had something to say about the turn of events.
“And I want to thank god for the opportunity to resurrect this fight,” he said.
“This time it’s going to be done god willing. I’m going to prove to the world I belong with the legends.”
Mundine’s agent, Khoder Nasser, flew to the US to settle a new date scheduled for November 27 at Allphones Arena.
The cancelled fight may have worked in Mundine’s favour. The 38-year-old said he wasn’t “feeling that great” making weight and had five days off not knowing if the fight would take place.
Despite a lot of chatter, the original Anthony Mundine v Shane Mosley fight had attracted just ticket-buying 1,500 fans and was to be held at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.
“To be honest, I’m not worried about that,” he said.
“I don’t care if there’s two or three people here watching the fight. I’m going to give them the best of Anthony Mundine no matter who is here. I’m going to give them all that I’ve got and win and win well. It may be a bad look but that’s not my job; my job is to win and make a statement.”
Mosley has won five world titles in three weight classes and returned from a near one-year retirement earlier this year to defeated Pablo Cesar Cano to claim the vacant WBC international welterweight title in a matchup held in Mexico.