This weekend, East Coast Music Week wrapped up with the East Coast Music Awards, and indie band Hey Rosetta! took home the most awards while local bands like Everglow won fan-based accolades like Fans Choice Video of the Year.
Hey Rosetta! was the recipient of awards such as album of the year and group recording of the year for the album Second Sight, while their track “Soft Offering (For the Oft Suffering)” won Song of the Year.
Other winners included:
- Loud Recording of the Year to Dumpster Mummy
- Rap/Hip Hop Recording of the Year to Quake Matthews for Rap Music
- Recording of the Year to Fortunate Ones for The Bliss
- Aboriginal Artist of the Year to City Natives
- Country Recording of the Year went to Whitney Rose For “Heartbreaker of the Year”
- Blues Recording of the Year to John Campbelljohn for Chin Up
- 2016 Dance Recording of the Year to Pineo & Loeb for Soul Clap
- Electronic Recording of the Year to Ryan Hemsworth for Alone for the First Time
- 2016 Folk Recording of the Year to Amelia Curran for They Promised You Mercy
Photo: The Overcast