We continue our special tailgating coverage with Guest Editor and Food Network star Chef Michael Symon. Today, we’re making an entrée into entrées with Chef Symon’s Grilled Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ-Style Wings.
Grilled Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ-Style Wings
Recipe by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
Recipe Serves: 6
- 2 lbs. of Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Thinly Sliced Scallions
- 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro
- Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized bag and pour in half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce (recipe below).
- Reserve the other half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce for later use.
- Make sure all of the wings are coated, then refrigerate for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and pat them dry. Discard the marinade.
- Lightly season the wings with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the wings with a little bit of olive oil then place them on the grill.
- Cook until nicely grill marked and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Throughout the last 10 minutes of the cooking process, brush the wings with the reserved Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce.
- Remove the wings from the grill and pour them on to a platter.
- Sprinkle with the sliced scallions and chopped cilantro.
- Serve any remaining Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce on the side.
Korean and Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
- 2 Tablespoons Sambal
- 6 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 Teaspoons Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Set aside.