We open our special tailgating coverage with Guest Editor and Food Network star Chef Michael Symon with a cocktail. Chef Symon combines some savory autumn know how with some Knob Creek Bourbon.
KNOB CREEK SMOKE & CHAR
Recipe by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
- 2 Parts Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon
- ½ Part Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ Part Demerara Syrup
- 2 Slices of Charred Peaches
- 4 Large Basil Leaves
- Char peaches slices on grill until nice grill marks appear.
- Muddle charred peach slices with basil leaves and set aside.
- Add Knob Creek Smoked Maple, fresh lemon juice, Demerara syrup and muddled peach and basil mixture to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.