The Last of Us Remastered Day One Patch Notes
When you boot up The Last of Us Remastered for the first time you’ll have an option to install a day one patch. At 142MB, it’s a patch you do not want to skip, as it goes a long way toward improving the game.
Below are the official day one patch notes:
- Adds “Photo Mode” (accessed via the in-game Pause Menu) – allows adjustment of camera and rendering effects for shared screenshots
- “Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us” documentary (accessed via the Cinematics Gallery)
- Enabled higher quality shadows in-game while in 30 Frames Per Second Lock (accessible via the Display Options)
- Implemented bug fixes to address crashes in two places in the game
- BD RAM cache change – increases install speed from disc (allowing us to greatly speed up the start time for the digital version)
- Remote Play fix to correctly support the use of the DualShock 4
Photo Mode was announced on Friday with an official overview video by Naughty Dog. It adds an option for you to pause the game before tuning the camera angle and more to snap professional quality in-game images.
The higher quality shadows in-game at 30 FPS is something that shocked a lot of gamers when revealed on Friday. We have a full feature dedicated to demonstrating the differences between shadows at 30 and 60 FPS, so be sure to have a look.
The Last of Us Remastered releases July 29th at a price of $49.99.