Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be coming to the PS4 on April 14th, 2014.
Square Enix has confirmed the release date for the PS4 version of the MMORPG, and has also announced details of a Collector’s Edition of the game.
PS4 owners will be able to join the beta test of A Realm Reborn for free on February 27th, with gamers who own the PS3 version of the game being able to carry over their existing character data on April 11th, when an alpha build of the game will be made available to play for those who pre-ordered either the Standard Edition or Collector’s Edition. Pre-orders for both editions will be made available on February 27th.
The Collector’s Edition will include:
- Special box featuring artwork by Yoshitaka Amano
- Art Book – The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined
- Special Soundtrack -The Sounds of Eorzea-
- Seventh Umbral Era Special Movie Content Disc – The Waning of the Sixth Sun
- Art Card Set
- Themed Security Token
- In-Game Items – Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding, Baby Behemoth minion, Helm of Light, Fat Chocobo Mount and Wind-up Moogle minion
The Standard Edition of A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99, while the Collector’s Edition will retail for $79.99. A digital version of the Collector’s Edition will also be available via the PlayStation Network for $59.99. A free 30-day trial is included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99. A PlayStation Plus membership is not required in order to play the game.
Crave Online‘s Gaming Editor Jonathan Leack gave Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn high praise in his review of the PC Edition of the game, calling it a “Final Fantasy MMO that does the series justice”. You can read that review right here.