Noah Centineo Clarifies Sylvester Stallone’s Involvement in Rambo Prequel
Photo Credit: @JoshHorowitz | YouTube

Noah Centineo Clarifies Sylvester Stallone’s Involvement in Rambo Prequel

Noah Centineo finally addressed whether Sylvester Stallone played any role in bringing the Rambo prequel to life. The actor revealed the action icon’s actual involvement and shared which classic scene shaped the entire film.

Noah Centineo reveals Rambo prequel plot details, talks Sylvester Stallone’s involvement

Noah Centineo revealed key details about the upcoming Rambo prequel during his appearance on the Happy Sad Confused podcast. The actor confirmed that the film explores John Rambo’s origins as a Green Beret during the Vietnam War. Centineo also addressed Sylvester Stallone’s involvement in the project titled John Rambo.

The actor identified one specific scene from First Blood as the prequel’s guiding influence. “What was really important to me and us, it’s one of the last scenes in First Blood when Stallone is with Trautman, and he just breaks down,” Centineo said. He added, “He’s talking about how he can’t hold a job and that he’s a war machine.” Centineo described that monologue as the creative team’s “North Star” throughout production.

Centineo emphasized the emotional core driving the prequel’s narrative direction. “For me it was important that over the course of this movie the audience viscerally understands the pain that Rambo had gone through to become the monster that he is,” he said. The actor wants viewers to connect with Rambo’s trauma before his transformation into a warrior.

Jalmari Helander directs the film from a screenplay by Rory Haines and Sohrab Noshirvani. Centineo praised Helander’s passion for the franchise during the interview. “He’s dark, and he knows what he’s doing,” Centineo said about the Sisu filmmaker.

Regarding Stallone, Centineo admitted the two have not yet spoken directly. He explained his packed schedule prevented any meeting so far. “He lives in Florida, I believe, so I want to go and spend some time with him and talk to him,” Centineo said. Stallone serves as executive producer on the prequel. The film was shot earlier this year in Thailand between January and March. John Rambo opens in theaters on June 4, 2027.

Originally reported by Anubhav Chaudhry on ComingSoon.net.

TRENDING

X