60 Minutes host exit Anderson Cooper
(Photo Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Warner Bros. Discovery)

CBS ‘60 Minutes’ Host Had a Major Reason for Leaving the Show

Popular host Anderson Cooper has revealed the reason behind his exit from CBS’s 60 Minutes. The broadcast journalist left the popular news program on Sunday, May 17. Cooper had previously confirmed in a statement in February that he would not be renewing his contract with CBS.

Anderson Cooper’s reason for leaving 60 Minutes revealed

Anderson Cooper recently explained the main reason behind his exit as the host of the popular CBS news program, 60 Minutes.

The journalist shared that he wanted to spend more time with his family, so he is leaving 60 Minutes. In a statement to People Magazine, Cooper stated, “I’ve got a four-year-old and a just now six-year-old, and I want to spend as much time with them as I can while they still want to spend time with me. And those days, that clock is ticking, I think.”

Cooper signed off from 60 Minutes after 20 years and shared his thoughts in a pre-recorded interview segment, which was released on Sunday. In the segment, he asserted, “I was a weird little kid. I liked watching news. After my dad died, there was a lot of silence in my house, and we’d watch the news over dinner. I hope 60 Minutes is around for when my kids grow up and have kids of their own, and they can watch it with their kids.”

He conveyed that the “reality” hasn’t hit him yet. However, the host said that he will miss doing the show.

In another statement, CBS expressed its gratitude toward Cooper and said, “For more than two decades, Anderson Cooper has taken 60 Minutes viewers on journeys to faraway places, told us unforgettable stories, reported consequential investigations, and interviewed many prominent figures. We’re grateful to him for dedicating so much of his life to this broadcast and understand the importance of spending more time with family. 60 Minutes will be here if he ever wants to return.”

TRENDING

X