Exclusive Clip | Amar’e Stoudemire Will Hunt You Down in ‘Trainwreck’
There are two kinds of people who saw the hit comedy Trainwreck this summer. There is the type of person who saw LeBron James and Amar’e Stoudemire playing themselves and thought that was kind of neat, and then there is the type of person who had no idea who LeBron James and Amar’e Stoudemire were but thought they gave funny performances anyway.
We know, we know, it can be hard to imagine that anyone wouldn’t recognize the huge NBA stars in this day and age, but it’s probably easier if you remember that a lot of the folks who wouldn’t are romantic comedy enthusiasts. Trainwreck, directed by Judd Apatow and starring Amy Schumer and Bill Hader, was a noble attempt to find a crossover audience between these cultural extremes. The film became a blockbuster in large part because it appealed to audiences who might normally never have paid to see a rom-com, and audiences who might normally never have shelled out the cash for anything even remotely related to basketball.
Exclusive Interview: Judd Apatow on Love, LeBron James and ‘Trainwreck’
Whether you’re a huge fan of Amar’e Stoudemire or were introduced the NBA all-star for the very first time in Trainwreck, we’ve got the right clip for you. In this exclusive preview of the film’s special features, Amar’e Stoudemire takes you behind the scenes to reveal the pros and cons of playing… well, Amar’e Stoudemire.
Trainwreck is now available on Digital HD, and arrives DVD and Blu-ray on November 10, 2015!
From the Press Release:
Three-time Emmy® nominee Amy Schumer (“Inside Amy Schumer”) stars as a commitment-phobic journalist in Trainwreck, the film Fandango calls “the funniest movie of the year,” is coming to Digital HD October 20, 2015, and Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on November 10, 2015, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Schumer takes her undeniable talents to the big screen tossing aside rom-com conventions with a timely and outrageously funny portrait of an unapologetically independent career woman whose hard-partying personal life is turned upside down when she meets Mr. Might-Be-Right. Directed and produced by comedy guru Judd Apatow (Bridesmaids, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, “Girls”), Trainwreck UNRATED arrives on Blu-ray™ & DVD with even more hysterical moments, including deleted scenes, gag reel, line-o-rama & more!
Since she was a little girl, Amy (Amy Schumer) has been taught that monogamy isn’t realistic. Now a magazine writer, Amy lives by that credo, enjoying an uninhibited life free from stifling, boring romantic commitment. But when she finds herself starting to fall for the subject of a new article she’s writing, a charming and successful sports doctor (Bill Hader), Amy starts to wonder if other grown-ups, including this guy who really seems to like her, might be onto something.
Schumer, called “comedy’s funny& fearless new voice” by Entertainment Weekly, heads up an accomplished cast featuring Bill Hader (“Saturday Night Live,” Inside Out), NBA All-Star LeBron James, Tilda Swinton (The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom), Brie Larson (The Gambler, 21 Jump Street), Colin Quinn (“Saturday Night Live,” “Girls”), Vanessa Bayer (“Saturday Night Live,” “Portlandia”) and WWE star John Cena, in a contemporary look at romance that’s “hilarious, heartwarming, and refreshingly honest” (WNYW FOX-TV).
BLU-RAYTM and DVD BONUS FEATURES
- UNRATED Version
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Secrets of the Wu – Method Man and Norman Lloyd talk about his music experience as part of the Wu Tang Clan and even invites Norman to join the Wu.
- Feature Commentary with Director Judd Apatow, Writer/Star Amy Schumer, and Associate Producer Kim Caramele.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO Blu-rayTM:
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Extended/Alternate Scenes
- Behind-The-Scenes – A look at the making of the film through the production as we follow alongside director Judd Apatow, cast members Amy Schumer, Bill Hader, Norman Lloyd, Tilda Swinson, and Daniel Radcliff, as well as the rest of the cast.
- Directing Athletes: A Blood Sport – The athletes of Trainwreck talk about their experiences under the direction of Judd Apatow.
- The Dogwalker – Daniel Radcliffe plays the dogwalker in this film that Amy and Steven go see at the theater.
- Trainwreck Comedy Tour Featurette – Take a peek backstage at the Trainwreck Comedy Tour featuring comedy all-stars Amy Schumer, Mike Birbiglia, Colin Quinn, Dave Atell, Vanessa Bayer and Judd Apatow.
- Red Band Trailer