Animal Crossing Plaza Added to Wii U and More in Today’s Nintendo Direct
Today's Nintendo Direct has come and gone, and with that there's tons of new information for Nintendo fans.
Among the Nintendo news today is the announcement of Animal Crossing Plaza for the Wii U. Once launched, players can "meet, interact, and exchange information" with other Animal Crossing fans in an open lobby with customizable characters (as seen above). Images from the 3DS' Animal Crossing: New Leaf can be imported and shared with other players as well. The application is already downloadable from the Wii U's eStore.
Here's a quick list of the other hot topics covered during the latest Nintendo Direct:
- Luigi was confirmed for both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros.
- A mario costume will be unlockable in Rayman Legends for Wii U.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will have several improvements beyond the original Gamecube title. Nintendo showed off faster ship travel as one example.
- A new Professor Layton game is in development.
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is confirmed for a Western localization.
- More Virtual Console games are headed to the eShop.
- A new Pokémon Rumble U trailer was shown (viewable below).
In addition to all this, on August 9th Wonderful 101 will have its own Nintendo Direct. Gameplay and developer commentary is expected to be showcased in the episode. Stay tuned!