Seven Signature Margarita | Seven Stars Resort, Turks and Caicos
The Margarita is forever associated with Mexico – land of its birth. That didn’t stop the elite Seven Stars Resort and Spa on the Caribbean destination of Turks and Caicos to invent a more island spin on it. Adding an orange flare that intensifies the drink’s citrus elements, Seven Stars’ Signature Margarita keeps the spirit of the original intact while adding a little weight and extra smoothness.
The basic margarita is a simple concoction of tequila, limes, Triple Sec, sale and love. The Seven Signature plays with the recipe with the following ingredients:
- Fresh Lime
- Patron Silver Tequila
- Fresh Orange Juice
- Grand Marnier
- Sea Salt
You’ll notice the Triple Sec takes a powder, but there’s plenty of orange flavor in play with the added Cointreau.
Preparation is simple.
- In a tumbler, squeeze in the juice of one full lime cut in halves. Keep the halves.
- Add two ounces of the Patron Silver.
- Add 1/2 ounce of orange juice.
- Add one ounce of Cointreau.
- Add ice and shake.
- Line rim of a standard margarita glass with sea salt.
- Strain and pour. Leave space for a garnish.
- Turn one half line inside out so the peel is folded inward like a cup. Float the half in the glass. Fill the floating lime peel with Grand Marnier. You decide when to tip the lime to add the Grand Marnier and how much you’d like mixed into the cocktail.
The resulting cocktail is a bit heavier than a standard Margarita – and stronger with the addition of two liqueurs. But, it’s also smoother as the brandy mellows out some of the tartness.
You can make one of these at home simple enough, but be warned. You lose a little something if you’re sipping it while watching the sunset on the beach at Seven Stars Resort and Spa.