Last Minute Halloween Cocktails, With or Without Costumes
Spirits have more than one connotation tonight. Whether you’re someone gets dolled up for Halloween or the guy who decides to come dressed up like a grownup, all versions of spooky celebrations are enhanced by a spirited libation.
Fortunately, the makers of those various spirits are more than ready to call your attention to them by unpacking themed recipes this time of year. Rather than ignore their friendly pleas for consideration, we’re including some of their more promising offerings below.
So, “boo” and all that for this Halloween. Scare responsibly. Give up the keys to your broom, etc.
EFFEN Blood Orange Connection
- 1 1/4 parts EFFEN Blood Orange Vodka
- 3/4 part Courvoisier VS Cognac
- 1/2 part Simple Syrup
- 1/2 part Fresh Lemon Juice
- Orange Twist, for Garnish
Combine ingredients in Boston Shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled martini cocktail glass with sugared rum. Garnish with orange twist.
Truly Blood Red Sangria
- 6 oz. Truly Spiked & Sparkling Sicilian Blood Orange
- 2 oz. red wine
- Assorted citrus fruits
- Assorted fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- In advance, soak fruit in brandy.
- Combine 6 oz. Truly Spiked & Sparkling Sicilian Blood Orange and 2 oz. red wine in red wine glass over ice.
- Garnish with orange slice.
Note: to make batch sangria, use 3:1 ratio of Truly Spiked & Sparkling Sicilian Blood Orange to red wine
The Gravedigger (Top)
Created by Masa Urushido of Saxon + Parole
- 1 ½ parts CRUZ Reposado Tequila
- ½ part Mezcal
- ¾ part Fino Sherry
- ½ part pear liqueur
Stir ingredients and strain over large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist (optional).
- 4 bottles Angry Orchard Crisp Apple
- 8 oz Vodka, Gin or White Rum
- 1.5 oz Grand Marnier
- 3 oz Lemon Juice
- 6 oz Cranberry Syrup**
- 3 oz Raspberry Puree
- Add ingredients to a punch bowl except the cider.
- Stir to combine and then top with Angry Orchard Crisp Apple.
- Garnish with zombie hand ice cubes and spider ice.
- 2 cups Cranberry Juice
- 1 cup sugar
Add all ingredients to the pot and simmer over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
Allow to cool and keep refrigerated.