Jurassic World 5: Rebirth Sequel Report Reveals When Filming Begins
Photo Credit: Universal Pictures

Jurassic World 5: Rebirth Sequel Report Reveals When Filming Begins

The Jurassic World Rebirth sequel will reportedly commence filming later this year. A fifth entry hasn’t been officially confirmed. However, the fourth outing’s financial success has fueled rumors about a follow-up.

Rebirth premiered on July 2, 2025. Directed by Gareth Edwards, it grossed an estimated $869.1 million globally against a $180-225 million budget. The film features Scarlett Johansson in the lead role. Meanwhile, Mahershala Ali, Jonathan Bailey, Rupert Friend, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, and Ed Skrein make up the supporting cast.

Jurassic World Rebirth sequel’s filming window possibly revealed

Jurassic World 5 is rumored to begin production this fall, according to a familiar internet scooper, Daniel RPK. He previously alleged on X (formerly Twitter) three months after Rebirth’s release that a follow-up was in the works. The insider also claimed Scarlett Johansson would return.

However, rumors of a sequel were circulating ahead of Rebirth’s theatrical release. MyTimetoShineHello alleged that it was being developed and that Universal Pictures wanted both Johansson and filmmaker Gareth Edwards to return.

Meanwhile, in November 2025, industry insider Jeff Sneider shared on his newsletter, TheInsneider, that Universal was bringing together the Rebirth cast and crew for Jurassic World 5. He reported that Edwards was in “final negotiations” to reprise directorial duties. Sneider also said Johansson, Mahershala Ali, and Jonathan Bailey were expected to return as their characters Zora Bennett, Duncan Kincaid, and Dr. Henry Loomis from the previous film.

That same month, EmpireCity Box Office claimed Universal was “fast-tracking” the fifth entry for 2027, if they could “get all the parts to fit.” However, they suggested it would be shifted to 2028 if things didn’t work out on time.

Although a Jurassic World Rebirth sequel hasn’t been confirmed, producer Frank Marshall said it was possible. Without elaborating, he stated at a Collider Q&A, “All I’ll say to that is, I think we left the door quite open.”

Meanwhile, Edwards stated in several interviews that he viewed Rebirth as a standalone film and that a sequel wasn’t formally discussed. However, he did not rule out the possibility of one, telling ScreenRant that “Maybe there’s something in there,” while noting to NBC Insider that one could “never say never.”

Additionally, he admitted to Collider that he was interested in the continuation of Jurassic World. He even stated there were “things [he wanted to] see personally.”

Originally reported by Abdul Azim Naushad on SuperHeroHype.

TRENDING

X