WrestleZone Radio has just released an exclusive interview with WWE Hall of Famer “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase!
Ted’s interview with WrestleZone is in conjunction with the on-line release of The Price of Fame, the documentary about his life and career.
You can find some of Ted’s comments from the interview transcribed below. We will be releasing more transcribed highlights throughout the week. (If you use WrestleZone’s transcription elsewhere please credit us and embed the audio player)
Subscribe to WrestleZone Radio on iTunes
On returning to WWE for RAW 25:
TD: It was great. It was great to see everyone again. I have a lot of fun with JBL. He’s a great guy, smart guy, he really knows his stuff. I told him, “You know JBL, often imitated but never duplicated. You were just a cowboy version of me!” (Laughs)
On if JBL concedes that he took his character from Ted:
TD: He told me, “Look man, I stole your character!” Of course that’s what he’s gonna say. He said, “I stole your character and I DID IT BETTER!” I think a couple of years ago at WrestleMania it was him, me and Alberto Del Rio. We all took a picture together and I tagged it, “three generations of the same gimmick.”
Some other topics that DiBiase discusses include:
- The documentary about him “The Price of Fame”
- How it feels for it to be made
- What he didn’t expect his friends to say about him
- How hard it is to watch his wife open up about his infidelity
- Vince’s vision and creation of The Million Dollar Man
- What “parameters” Vince put on him when he was out on the town spending money
- His partnership with Virgil
- Whether the juxtaposition of the two characters ever bothered him
- THE REAL story behind the night he kicked the basketball out of that little boys hand
- Returning to WWE for RAW 25
- JBL “stealing his gimmick”
- Who his favorite current Superstar is
- Would he ever crown another Million Dollar Champion?
You can find more information, photos and video regarding The Price of Fame on the next page. WrestleZone Radio will feature an interview with Ted DiBiase Jr. next Wednesday.