A brand new episode will be released this Wednesday and, as announced at the end of this past week’s show, his guest will be WWE Hall of Famer Jake “The Snake” Roberts. Roberts will be returning for the second part of his interview which began a few shows ago.
You can find some of Eric and Shawn’s comments from the latest episode transcribed below.
EB: Have you really kind of circled back with Bret? Can you guys be together in the same room and be happy to see each other? Or is there still that undercurrent?
SM: No. No. He and I actually get along really well now. We’ve done appearances together. We’ll text at Christmas and stuff like that. I heard about when he was struggling with cancer and I reached out to him right away and said, “Hey dude, just want you to know I’m thinking about you. If anybody can pull through this I know you can.” Thankfully he did. It’s nice the reconciliation we had on TV. It was real. We got an opportunity to talk and all of the times we’ve seen each other at wrestling events since that time. We continue to talk. Bret and I… the thing that helps us now is that we recognize we are very different people and we look at the business a lot differently. Neither one of us when we were younger could understand that or were comfortable with that. Again, as we were talking about earlier, as you get older everyone is not going to see everything in life the way you see it. I think we are at a really nice place. I enjoy seeing him and we cross paths at different places. As you know, with WrestleMania they bring back almost everybody. We are clearly not friends but it’s very nice and very pleasant. From my standpoint it’s real and from his stand point it’s real as well.
You can listen to the full interview in the embedded audio player at the top of this post.
This past week’s episode of Bischoff on Wrestling started with Eric giving his take on a couple of stories from around the business of pro wrestling from this past week including:
- Christopher Daniels winning the ROH Championship
- Impact Wrestling sending cable providers legal letters threatening to sue if they air the Broken Hardys on ROH’s PPV
- WWE’s very public release of Jack Swagger
- The Big Show being entered in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal and having his match with Shaq seemingly called off
- Kane taking time away from WWE to prepare for a Knox County mayoral run in 2018
- Hulk opening a new Hogan Beach Shop WM33 weekend and whether Eric thinks he’ll be at WrestleMania
Eric then welcomed his guest for this past week WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels! During his appearance they discuss:
- Shawn’s upcoming Kliq reunion during WrestleMania 33 weekend
- Shawn and Eric getting to know each other after their time in WWE together
- Shawn and Marty Jannetty headlining the first pro wrestling event that Eric ever promoted
- Shawn’s relationship with Bret Hart these days
- Why Shawn thinks he and Bret didn’t see eye to eye back in the day
- The ring being a sacred place for pro wrestlers
- The reasons Hall and Nash left WWE for WCW
- Shawn feeling dependent on his friends like Hall and Nash back in the day
- Shawn’s memories of the backstage atmosphere in WWE during the Monday Night War
- Whether there was extra pressure on Shawn to perform due to his relationship with Hall and Nash and their WCW presence
- The rumors that Shawn and Eric talked about bringing Shawn to WCW during the Monday Night War
- Chance meetings the two have had in the past
- Shawn’s relationship with Ric Flair
- What Shawn is doing with WWE Developmental at the moment
- Eric’s bold prediction about Shawn’s future
- Their mutual love of hunting
- How everything changed for Shawn in 1997
Today’s show then wraps up with the latest #BischoffOnWrestling mail bag segment.