You can find more information about the interview as well as some of their comments transcribed below.
On the story that Konnan was the one to teach Bret Hart how to do the Sharpshooter:
Konnan: Correct. Yes. It was back in the day when I was with WWF trying out the Max Moon gimmick. He was like, “Yo, I want to do that thing that Sting does.” Everybody was in the ring working out and nobody knew how to do it. I did. I just showed him how to do it and that was it. I remember that day I went with this guy called Rambo. He was a wrestler from Mexico. Somebody wanted to do a crazy bump spot that Shawn would do. I think Flair was one of the first I saw do it. They throw them in the corner and they just flip and go over. Well nobody could do it so Rambo did it. All of a sudden Shawn Michaels who… if you’ve ever stood next to him, he’s pretty tall. I thought he was shorter than me. Seeing him on TV with such big guys. He’s gotta be like 6’1″ or 6’2″. Bro, he went and he took that corner bump with such velocity and fluidity. The way he did it and just stood on the apron was just incredible. I was like, “Wow! This guy is incredibly athletic and gifted.” But yes, I did teach the Sharpshooter to Bret.
Disco: Hey Konnan, tell them the story about how you taught Austin the Stunner and The Rock how to do the People’s Elbow too.
Konnan: Hell of a deal.
Some of the topics in this interview include:
- The debut episode of Keeping It 100 on The Jericho Network
- Konnan’s energy with Disco Inferno
- Disco & Konnan’s time as writers for WrestleZone
- The enjoyment Disco gets from teasing hardcore pro wrestling fans
- Their thoughts on Impact Wrestling Final Deletion
- Konnan’s thoughts on Chris Jericho’s band Fozzy
- Why Disco thinks Chris Jericho is so good with social media
- Disco’s memories of working with the Insane Clown Posse
- The story behind Konnan teaching Bret Hart the Sharpshooter
- Konnan’s thoughts on Karen Jarrett as a heel pro wrestling character
- Senor Benjamin
- How Brock Lesnar’s UFC 200 win affects Summerslam and WWE in general
- CM Punk’s upcoming fight at UFC 203 and how that could play in to possible future plans with WWE
- Bret Hart’s ability to hold people’s attention with his stories
You can listen to more great pro wrestling audio content from WrestleZone Radio in the embedded audio player below: