You can find some transcribed quotes from the daughter of Andre the Giant, Robin Christensen-Roussimoff, about the upcoming film below.
On who could play her father, Andre the Giant, in this upcoming film:
Robin: It will be a live action movie. Who’s going to play my Dad? I think I’ll leave that to the professionals. We are going to have to get a character actor, obviously. I don’t know how they are going to do it exactly. They might do somebody that is tall enough for visual and then have someone do the voice. I don’t know if it’s going to be digital or practical make-up. It will be interesting. He had such a unique look. He had such a unique voice. They are really going to need to pull out a lot of special effects for this.
On potential cameos from wrestlers Andre worked with or cast members from The Princess Bride:
Robin: I would say the chances are probably pretty high. The Princess Bride was such a big thing in his life and his career. They are going to have to have other wrestlers depicted in this. I would say there is a pretty good chance. I am sure they will find people to portray them. I don’t know that it will actually be them.
On who she would like to see direct the movie:
Robin: My personal choice, in my geekdom, is Joss Whedon. He’s just got such an interesting view of things that I think he could make it a lot of fun. That’s my personal pick but I don’t know who they have in mind.
On when the movie could be in theaters:
Robin: It’s going to be a couple of years. They are still finalizing the script and the director. They still have to cast. It’s going to be a couple of years.
This exclusive starts with WrestleZone Radio’s Nick Hausman also chatting with Robin Christensen-Roussimoff about:
- Working with Stone Village Productions to create a live action movie about the life of her father
- What her role as a consultant on the movie entails
- Shaquille O’Neil appearing in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania
Nick then jumps over to an interview he did with Lion Forge Comic’s President Geoff Gerber and Lion Forge’s Sales Manager Devin Funches. Geoff & Devin chat candidly with Nick about:
- Working with Robin to create the graphic novel Andre The Giant: Closer To Heaven
- Whether or not the intention was to always turn Andre The Giant: Closer To Heaven in to a movie
- Why Stone Village Productions was the right fit to bring the graphic novel to the big screen
- Chavo Gurrero’s upcoming comic book series Warrior’s Creed being developed by Lion Forge
- Working with Chavo to craft a fictional legacy of his family
- Warrior’s Creed being released in English and Spanish
- How Chavo’s comic has ties to Deadpool
- The chances of a Warrior’s Creed becoming a movie
Nick recently did an interview with Chavo Guerrero Jr. about working with Lion Forge to develop Warrior’s Creed. You can listen to it in the embedded audio player below: