Share your thoughts on tonight’s Ring of Honor Global Wars PPV in the Disqus section below by using the #WrestleZone hashtag.
If you’re on social media, use #WrestleZone to voice your thoughts on tonight’s show, and we want you to share our exclusive coverage page by using the social media buttons below!
Ring of Honor Global Wars Results
May 8th, 2016
Report by Mike Killam for Wrestlezone.com
(1) Dalton Castle def. Roderick Strong, ACH and Adam Page in a 4-way match to become #1 contender to the ROH TV Championship. Great match, very exciting opener. Strong was presumed winner clearing house with tons of suplexes to everyone, the double knee gutbuster to ACH and a Sick Kick to Page. Castle comes out of nowhere and hits the Bangarang on top of Page to steal the pin in an excellent sequence.
(2) Cheeseburger & Jushin Liger def. The Addiction. Burger came out in a Liger mask; the two were super over with the Chicago crowd, with lots of chants for both. Liger took a nasty bump off a spike double team move from The Addiction and rolled out of the ring and that was all from him. Cheeseburger won with a surprise victory roll on Daniels and the announce crew sold it huge as his first win.
(3) War Machine (c) def. The Briscoes to retain the ROH Tag Team titles. Very chaotic, very physical match. Bodies flying everywhere from start to finish, just big move after big move with tons of false-finishes. The real finish is Jay getting hit with a Spin Kick of Doom and Mark with Fallout.
(4) Tetsuya Naito def. Kyle O’Reilly. After the match Naito offered a handshake then kicked O’Reilly in the balls and left him laying.
(5) Moose & Kazuchika Okada def. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin. A continuing thread in the match was Moose and Elgin trying to knock each other over, and Tanahashi and Okada doing Tanahashi and Okada things. Okada pinned Elgin with a Rainmaker. The champ gets the win, the major star gets protected. Nothing new – not that that’s a bad thing here by any means.