WrestleZone Radio is proud to present this exclusive interview with the daughter of Andre The Giant, Robin Christensen-Roussimoff.
You can find some transcribed quotes from Robin’s interview, as well as more details about it below.
On her relationship with her father as a child:
RCR: I was not on the road with my Dad. If anything, he had me as far away from that industry as possible. We unfortunately did not have that great of a relationship. Mostly because he was on the road so much. I think it came to like 298 days out of the year in his prime. Like a lot of people in that industry he led a very gypsy like lifestyle. He lived out of a suitcase. Because of that we never really got a chance to form a relationship.
On whether she views WWE’s annual WrestleMania Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal as a fitting tribute to her Dad:
RCR: Definitely. It’s totally fitting. I wish I could have been there for the first one but unfortunately that didn’t happen. It’s completely fitting. I heard about it and I said, “Yeah, that makes sense.”
Photo credit: Kevin Winter (Getty Images)
On The Big Show, being portrayed as Andre’s son and her sister when he debuted in WCW, Robin says:
RCR: I wasn’t thrilled (laughs). That was definitely a gimmick. It wasn’t exactly the greatest gimmick because, you know, he doesn’t have a son. I realized it was a gimmick and later on down the road Paul definitely stepped up and said, “No, I am not his son.” It was right after his own father passed away I believe. It was a selling point. That’s all.
Full Interview about Andre the Giant – Highlights
- Andre being on the road most of her childhood
- Not being able to form a relationship with her father because of his busy schedule
- Going to watch her Dad’s matches when he was in town
- Which wrestlers she was friendly with backstage when she would go see her Dad in shows
- Andre’s relationship with Earl Hebner
- Whether wrestlers deserve an off season
- Catching up on her Dad’s career via Youtube
- Robin’s relationship with Andre’s The Princess Bride co-star Cary Elwes
- Robin’s thoughts on people making Andre out to be a mythical figure
- A memorable Andre story she was recently told by a former stewardess about her Dad
- The only time she’s ever met Hulk Hogan
- Whether or not she is happy she wasn’t brought up in the pro wrestling business
- If she is a giant like her Dad
- Her thoughts on the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
- The Big Show’s work ethic
- The Big Show originally billing himself as the son of Andre The Giant
- Her thoughts on how big the business of pro wrestling has gotten
- How she found out that Samuel Beckett used to drive Andre around as a child
- How her relationship with Lion Forge Comics came about and the creation of a graphic novel about Andre
- Her personal love for comic books
You can find the full archives for WrestleZone Radio in the embedded audio player below: