WWE NXT Live Event Results
Your hosts and ring announcer for the evening is Tom Phillips.
– Hugo Knox def. Tucker Knight – Solid, fun little opener. I liked the aggression out of Knight. He’s a bigger guy who’s making some positive steps.
– Adrienne Reese and Mandy def. Aliyah and Daria “The Jersey Devil” – There wasn’t anything particularly bad about the match from an in ring perspective. For being really new, Mandy and Daria looked ok. The biggest problem is there wasn’t a clear idea of who was the face and who was the heel. The crowd really didn’t know who to cheer for, so they just sat on their hands.
– Riddick Moss def. Patrick Clark – Yes, this is the Patrick Clark from Tough Enough. The match was relatively short; maybe three or four minutes. Patrick looked good in there. He looks like he belongs and I’m interested to see more out of him. The match itself was fine and was hoping to see some more.
– Elias Samson def. Chris Girard – I liked this match. There was real good intensity to it. Both guys looked like they wanted to fight and it made the match work better. It was also one of the better showings for Samson.
– Apollo Crews def. Tino Sabbatelli – Fun match. Apollo appearing finally got the crowd some momentum. These guys had a nice long match. There were a couple of hiccups, but that’s to be expected considering the experience difference between the two. Tino did alright for himself.
– Manny Andrade def. Steve Cutler – A decent match. A lot of the crowd didn’t really know who Andrade is, but he’s so good in the ring.
– Tom Phillips brought out one of NXT’s newest signees, Dallas Harper, for an interview. Dallas told the crowd not to clap for him. He’s “6 foot 9 and oh so fine” but doesn’t care about the NXT Universe. OK for what it was, but it was really short.
– Peyton Royce def. Liv Morgan – Good match. Royce is using new music compared to what she was using on NXT tv. Peyton got the win using the Widow’s Peak.
– The Hype Bros def. The Vaudevillains – Best match of the night. Mojo has a great ability to get a crowd energized and into a match. It was a lot of fun stuff between the two teams and a real good main event.
– Not much to say in the way if crowd reactions. The crowd was pretty deal for most of the show. Apollo Crews and the Hype Bros were the only acts to get the crowd really going.
– With his debut tonight, Patrick Clark becomes the first male competitor from Tough Enough to have a match as a member of NXT.
– As of now, 7 competitors from Tough Enough have been signed by WWE. Patrick becomes the fourth person to make their in ring debut, with all three women having already debuted. As of now, ZZ, Mada, and Josh (Bronson Mathews) have yet to work a match since being signed.
– According to the WWE profile on him, Dallas Harper was trained by Jimmie Lee from ASWA Pro Wrestling and competed for Anarchy Wrestling. He was also a high school basketball player. He is 6″9 with more of a lanky build. To my knowledge, he has yet to work a match for NXT.
– The meet and greet before the show was: Tucker Knight, Dana Brooke, and Mandy
– NXT returns to Lakeland on May 26.