Triple H says the reported meeting he held with talent last week was strictly informative and anything else that you might have heard was completely inaccurate.
Triple H and Shawn Michaels were the guests on Wednesday night’s post-show media call and the pair were asked if they could speak on details regarding the meeting. Last week, it was reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Triple H had discussed being “bullied” by AEW at the meeting, which was later retracted and amended by F4WOnline, stating nothing close to that statement was mentioned in the meeting.
Fightful also confirmed with several wrestlers and staff members who denied Triple H said anything of the sort, adding that the meeting in question primarily focused on moving to USA Network on Tuesdays.
Triple H explained on Wednesday that if he’d wanted that information out there, he would have sent out a memo, and it was nothing but an informational meeting about migrating to their new night next week.
“Yeah, look, if I wanted everybody to know what was in the meeting I would have put out a memo and you guys could have just got it from one of your sources first hand and printed it. It was a conversation with our talent that was exactly that. It was informational to tell them where we’re going. Meetings that we have all the time, given COVID restrictions, we had a lot less than we normally would. As far as the content of the meeting that was reported by a lot of people and elsewhere—completely inaccurate.”
“Never said, never brought up, nobody else was ever brought up, [it] wasn’t about other people, wasn’t about other brands or companies or anything else. It was a factual meeting to tell people where we’re going, where we’re headed and to motivate them going into the future. Nothing more, nothing less.”