New Japan Pro Wrestling will start a new era on Tuesday. Gone are the days of the IWGP Heavyweight Title Belt held by the likes of Tanahashi, Hashimoto & Fujinami, gone is the IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Title Belt held by Nakamura, Tanahashi & Naito, farewell to the short-lived IWGP Double Gold.
At the start of Tuesday’s show, NJPW will debut the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Belt. Fans are still divided on Kota Ibushi’s plan to unify the belts into one, but there is hope that the right title design can capture people’s imaginations. The debut is set to take place before the first match.
NJPW Road To Sakura Genesis
5:30am ET on NJPWWorld.com
(English commentary available at later date)
- IWGP World Heavyweight Title Belt Debut
- Tiger Mask, Yuya Uemura, Gabriel Kidd & Yota Tsuji vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, BUSHI & Shingo Takagi)
- Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi & SHO vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Douki)
- Bullet Club (EVIL, KENTA, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Taiji Ishimori) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & Toru Yano)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi, Yuji Nagata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Gedo & Jado)
- Kota Ibushi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. United Empire (Will Ospreay, Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb)
A big night in Korakuen Hall!
Tomorrow, last statements before Sakura Genesis, and the worldwide reveal of the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship!
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) March 29, 2021