This week’s NXT Injury Report covers the fallout from NXT New Year’s Evil this past Wednesday. Fans witnessed a set of brutal matches that left their mark on champions and challengers alike, and Matt Camp walks through each bump and bruise in the below video.
Here’s a breakdown of the aftermath of Wednesday’s NXT:
- Both Kyle O’Reilly and Finn Balor felt the effects of their title rematch. Balor may have come out on top, but both men ended up in the hospital.
- In particular, there was some worry about O’Reilly’s jaw after the bout, but the Undisputed Era member confirmed that it was not broken, and he generally seems to be in high spirits after the loss.
BREAKING not broken but Canadian man is said to be extremely pissed off. https://t.co/BLSTgKMDsC
— Kyle O'Reilly (@KORcombat) January 7, 2021
- Rhea Ripley and Raquel Gonzalez are both listed as “not medically cleared” following their Last Woman Standing Match, which had the women bashing each other around the entire Capitol Wrestling Center. Rhea Ripley is expected to be elevated to the main roster in short order, which could explain this diagnosis.
- Katrina Cortez faced off against the new and improved Xia Li at New Year’s Evil and received facial bruising for her trouble. She is also listed as not medically cleared.
- Finally, Austin Theory is cleared but still hurting following several shots to the genital triangle both before and during Johnny Gargano’s match with Kushida.