Merry Christmas and happy holidays, everyone! A pre-taped Christmas-edition of WWE SmackDown is airing tonight on FOX. Due to the holiday, WrestleZone’s WWE SmackDown results won’t be quite as detailed as usual since Lovell Porter is off from his usual duties. However, I’ll be holding down the fort and posting quick results for tonight.
WWE SmackDown Results (12/25/20)
- The show opens with Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens in a steel cage match for the WWE Universal Championship. Owens gets in a lot of offense, hitting Reigns with everything he’s got including a powerbomb and a stunner, but he can’t keep Reigns down for three. Owens was about to win, but Jey Uso interferes and handcuffs him to the cage. Reigns is then able to walk out of the door and wins as a result. This feud is far from over as Owens calls Reigns a “little b—” afterward.
- While it was known that the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship would be defended tonight, it wasn’t announced who Asuka and Charlotte Flair would be going up against. It wound up being a triple threat elimination match that saw the champions face off against Carmella & Bayley and Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair. Bayley & Carmella are the first eliminated as Banks pins Bayley. Charlotte & Asuka are able to retain the women’s tag belts after Flair pins Belair, who was partnerless after the heel team attacked Banks.
- Sami Zayn backstage gets a gift from Street Profits! It’s a shirt that says, “I was Intercontinental Champion.” Needless to say, Zayn doesn’t like or accept the gesture.
- Daniel Bryan gets attacked on his way to ring by Jey Uso before their match. However, the match is allowed to happen. Despite the beatdown earlier, Bryan manages to make a comeback and wins. After the bout, Bryan announces that he’s entering the Royal Rumble next year.
- The final match of the night is the lumberjack Intercontinental Championship match between Sami Zayn and Big E. There are some shenanigans due to the lumberjacks as Corbin and other heels attack Big E during the bout. Zayn keeps trying to leave but the babyface lumberjacks stop him. A brawl breaks out between lumberjacks and Zayn makes a run for it but Apollo Crews stops him. Big E hits a Big Ending to win the Intercontinental Championship. Babyfaces hoist up Big E to end the show and everyone celebrates.
RELATED: WWE SmackDown Spoilers (12/25/20)