It was recently reported that Benjamin Carter, aka “The Prodigy of Pro Wrestling,” has possibly signed with WWE. The report was first mentioned by AEW star Miro, who said during a Twitch stream that Carter had ‘gone to the dark side’.
Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer has more information on the news that Carter will likely be heading to WWE. Meltzer said that one of the main reasons that Carter chose to sign with WWE is the COVID-19 pandemic. Independent wrestlers are not currently traveling the country and performing on multiple shows across different promotions. This has recently become the new standard as wrestlers typically wait until their mid-20’s before signing with one of the bigger promotions.
Meltzer said, “He’s already really good but he could get a lot better by wrestling a few more years in the indies.” He is not sure if AEW made an offer to sign Carter who appeared on AEW Dark multiple times. Carter tested positive for COVID-19 last month and has largely went unseen since. Meltzer speculates that Carter will begin his WWE career with the NXT UK brand.
Carter has a history with being in Iowa to train at the The Black & The Brave Wrestling Academy, a place that is heavily managed by WWE Superstar Seth Rollins.
It needs to be noted that neither WWE or Ben Carter has yet to confirm the signing. Carter posted a video on his Twitter this past Friday where he speaks about why it has always been his dream to wrestle for WWE.
— Ben Carter (@bencarterbxb) October 17, 2020