It’s the second of two episodes of AEW Dynamite this week, as Late Night Dynamite runs into our regular dose of Wednesday Night action. This week, Jon Moxley will fend off Lance Archer and Team Taz in the same match, Brodie Lee will defend his TNT championship, and champions unite in a blockbuster Women’s tag match. Here’s what you can expect on tonight’s show:
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 17, 2020
- In what’s sure to be the main event, Lance Archer looks to soften up Jon Moxley before his title shot in a six-man tag team match. Lance and Jake the Snake have teamed with Team Taz, with Brian Cage getting a title match if Lance ends up with the belt. Meanwhile, current AEW Champion Moxley has chosen new signee Will Hobbs and the always reliable Darby Allin to be in his corner.
- Mr. Brodie Lee (along with at least a few members of his Dark Order) will defend the TNT Championship against the winner of Mimosa Mayhem, Orange Cassidy. The King of Sloth Style hasn’t gotten close to gold in All Elite Wrestling as of yet, so it will be interesting to see how he faires against the leader of The Dark Order.
- Thunder Rosa and Hikaru Shida have gained respect for each other through their battles over the AEW Women’s Gold, and now they’ll team with one another against the winners of the Women’s Tag Team Tournament, Diamante and Ivelisse. Will Rosa’s backstage dealings get in the way of this match, or is this a classic in the making?
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 23, 2020
- AEW has promised that “The Best Man” Miro will take off his Twitch headset and climb into the ring for the first time in AEW tonight on Dynamite. His opponent is unknown, so we should be on the lookout for a showcase of what he can do now that he’s out of Stamford and in Jacksonville.
- Matt Hardy will be on the show with a microphone in his hand, and he likely has some words for Chris Jericho and Floyd the Bat. After Jericho took him out backstage before his match with Private Party, Hardy will be seeking revenge. Is he 100% after his scary spill at the PPV? We’ll have to see.
- Speaking of The Demo God, it was announced on Late Night Dynamite that Chris Jericho will once again be on commentary for the show. Considering that at least one man has it out for him, he may not last the night, but no one’s going to complain about more words from Le Champion.