AEW All Out is set to feature a “Broken Rules” match and now we know what that actually is — and it could serve as the final match in Matt Hardy’s AEW career.
All Elite Wrestling revealed the following stipulations will be attached to the match between Matt Hardy and Sammy Guevara this Saturday at All Out. It appears that the match is similar to a falls count anywhere and last man standing match, with a critical stipulation noted at the end — If Hardy loses, he leaves AEW.
- The winner will be the Last Man Standing, determined when one man can’t answer the referee’s 10 count.
- The finish can take place anywhere.
- There must be a winner.
- If Matt Hardy loses the match, he’ll leave AEW forever
The following matches have been confirmed for AEW All Out on Saturday, September 5:
AEW World Championship
Jon Moxley (c) vs. MJF (with Wardlow)
- Moxley’s Paradigm Shift is banned
Mimosa Mayhem Match
Chris Jericho vs. Orange Cassidy
- Won by pinfall, submission, or throwing your opponent into a tank of mimosa
AEW World Tag Team Championship
Kenny Omega and Adam Page (c) vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood) (with Tully Blanchard)
AEW Women’s World Championship
Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Thunder Rosa
21-Man Casino Battle Royale
Confirmed participants include: Darby Allin, Lance Archer, Brian Cage, Ricky Starks, Pentagon Jr, Rey Fenix, The Butcher, The Blade, Eddie Kingston
- Winner receives a future AEW World Championship match
The Dark Order (Brodie Lee, Colt Cabana, Evil Uno and Stu Grayson) vs. Matt Cardona, Scorpio Sky, and The Natural Nightmares (Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall) (with Allie)
Tag Team Match
TBD vs. TBD
- Private Party and SCU (Daniels and Kazarian) will face Jurassic Express and The Young Bucks on the September 2 episode of AEW Dynamite. The winners of that match will then face off at All Out
Broken Rules Match
Matt Hardy vs. Sammy Guevara