Alberto Del Rio Arrested For Felony Sexual Assault, Allegedly Tied Up And Attacked Victim For Several Hours

alberto del rio

Photo Credit: Bexar County Sherriff’s Office

Update: More details have now been reported, including how the May 3 incident began after Alberto accused the victim of being unfaithful. After she wouldn’t admit to the accusation, he slapped her twice and took her downstairs to a bedroom and slapped her eight more times.

Police also said Alberto then bound the woman’s arms with boxing straps and stuffed a sock in her mouth before using various items to sexually assault her for several hours. According to investigators, he punched her in the back during the assault; the victim said she does not remember much after he placed his hand around her throat.


Alberto Del Rio is facing some serious charges after being arrested in San Antonio last week.

Del Rio (real name Jose A. Rodriguez Chucuan) is facing sexual assault charges after he reportedly assaulted a woman on May 3. According to records, the woman reported the incident to police the following day, and claimed he had become angry with her and assaulted her, causing multiple injuries to her body.

Additionally, the victim said he slapped her across the head and when she asked what he was doing he slapped her again. The victim told police that they then went downstairs and he forced her to put on a dress and dance for him, and when she objected he threatened to take her son and “drop him in the middle of the road somewhere” if she started crying over it. According to a report from My News 4 San Antonio, the woman gave a written statement to police and said Chucuan allegedly sexually assaulted her and had her injuries photographed.

He is officially being charged with 2nd Degree sexual assault, which is a felony charge. The former WWE Superstar’s bail was set at $50,000 but records show he was released on recognizance last night. If convicted, he could face between 2-20 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000.

Alberto Del Rio began working for WWE in 2009, but ended up being terminated on August 7, 2014 due to “unprofessional conduct” after slapping a WWE employee who allegedly made a racist joke. He made a brief return to WWE between 2015-16 but opted out of his contract due to unhappiness with his push, and later renamed himself “Alberto El Patron” while making appearances for Ring Of Honor, AAA and WWC Puerto Rico.

Alberto’s most recent appearance for a major wrestling promotion came with IMPACT Wrestling between 2017-18. He won the company’s World Heavyweight Championship but ended up getting fired on April 7, 2018 after legitimately no-showing an event. Since then he created the Nación Lucha Libre promotion (which has since shuttered) and lost a mixed martial arts fight to Tito Ortiz under his Combate Americas promotion.