WWE Super Showdown has certainly been making waves ever since the event went down in Saudi Arabia last Friday, but not for the best reasons. Fightful reported on a series of backstage notes from the show, which certainly provides fans with an interesting look behind the curtain.
- Vince McMahon was backstage at the event, and has been to every single Saudi show thus far.
- The company, and Vince, see it as an opportunity to show both parties that they’re serious about the deal.
- Goldberg’s family being present at the event was part of his condition to wrestle at the show.
- Some of the wrestlers that spoke to Fightful were surprised the Taker/Goldberg match went as long as it did.
- The decision regarding not featuring women on the show was made very close to the start of the show.
- The conditions were said to be miserable due to the heat, with “hydration salt” drinks being passed around to talent in order to avoid dehydration.